Tuesday 2 February 2010

If you don't look, you won't see

I went for a short walk in the arboretum this afternoon, taking photo's for my new project. I have since decided that moss is one of the most beautiful things, and no-one ever seems to pay it attention unless they're scraping it off the wall. Which, by the way, I think is a dreadful shame.

moss balls

moss balls detail
detail of first photo...as soon as I saw it on the computer screen, I fell in love with the shapes

speckles

moss ball

a minature forest

moss stripes

mossy rock

tiny fern shapes

I also noticed the first tiny green buds beginning to grow on a tree...this made me smile...aside from the deep, dark depths of winter, I love March and October...they always smell so fresh and rainy. Speaking of which, I dreamt about the smell of rain last night...hmm odd as it is rainy today.

first buds of spring

No comments:

Post a Comment